Infor Restaurant Systems has provided wireless POS solutions as early as 1986 and was the first POS system provider to release a wireless product to the hospitality industry.
Infor's SmartPoint mPOS (mobile Point of Sale) utilizes the Microsoft Windows Mobile operating system. Its software supports the latest hardware including Symbol, HP iPAQs, Dell Axims, and Tablet PCs with innovative order entry interface choices such as menu item preset screens and/or alpha completion.
Wireless technology has several benefits in the restaurant industry:
- Order Accuracy
- Orders reach the kitchen faster
- No lines at stationary terminals
- Integrated card swipes accept credit payments in front of the customer
- Goes anywhere a wired solution is not practical
- Tablet PC’s can be both as a stationary terminal or a wireless solution
- Can be used for taking inventory
- Minimal training